KUTZTOWN. Pa. – The Salisbury University men's and women's cross country teams competed at the Kutztown University Division II/III Challenge on Saturday.
Result: Women - 5th (152 points) | Men – 10th (279 points)
Total Time: Women – 123:25.7 (Avg. 24:41.2) | Men – 141:25.4 (Avg. 28:17.1)
Distance: Women – 6K | Men – 8K
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Heather Delaplaine was the top placing female runner for Salisbury as she ran the 6K in 23:45.7 and ran a 6:23 average mile
- Ashley Mazer finished just outside the top-25 to place 28th with a time of 24:38.9.
- Sydney Ruckel crossed the line in 32nd place in 24:49.7.
- Alyssa Santoro (25:03.9), Allison Keller (25:07.5), Yenet Paul (25:11.3) and Christine Sturm (25:11.4) earned 40th through 44th place respectively to round out the top seven finishers for Salisbury.
- Mason Kimbell paced the Salisbury men with a 28th-place effort in the 8K with a time of 27:07.9.
- Ethan Gray (28:02.9), Zachary Deming (28:32.5) and Ryan Eville (28:34.7) turned in 56th, 62nd and 63rd place efforts.
- Autin Foote (29:07.4) and Jeromy Green (29:08.4) finished back-to-back in 70th and 71st while Christian Ciattei crossed the line in 29:23.2 to round out the top seven men for Salisbury.
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- The Salisbury women were the highest finishing Division III team in the field.
- Salisbury makes the trip south to Winchester, Va. to compete in the Shenandoah Hornet Harrier Invitational on Saturday, Sept. 28.
- The meet is scheduled to begin at 9:30 a.m.