ST. MARY'S CITY, Md. – The Salisbury University women's soccer team remained unbeaten in Captial Athletic Conference (CAC) play with a 4-0 shutout on the road on Saturday over the St. Mary's (Md.) Seahawks.
- Final Score: Salisbury 4, St. Mary's, 0
- Records: Salisbury (7-2-2, 3-0 CAC) | St. Mary's (2-9, 0-3 CAC)
- Location: St. Mary's City, Md. – Jamie L. Roberts Stadium
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Sea Gulls kept the pressure up in the first half to register seven shots but in a defensive stand off neither teams were able to put any goals on the board.
- In the 63rd minute, Jenna Beck connected with a header for a score after a corner kick far post from Ally Goetz to put the Sea Gulls on the board.
- After a foul at the top of the box in the 76th minute, Dana Gordon put a free kick on frame but was saved by St. Mary's Audra Haines but Carly Glassford was able to tap in the rebound to double Salisbury's advantage.
- Two minutes later, Dana Gordon tacked on a goal for Salisbury to push the lead up to 3-0.
- With less than ten minutes left in the game, Julianna Boller received a throw-in at the edge of the box. Boller turned and passed the ball in the box to Megan Brady. Brady tapped the ball over to Lydia Nyrum, who ripped a shot upper-90 for Salisbury's fourth goal of the game.
- Salisbury outshot St. Mary's, 20-7.
- 11 of Salisbury's 20 shots were on target.
- Salisbury collected 11 corners.
- Brooke Rossiter had two shots on goal while Kasey Lamb, Julianna Boller, Kara Schmidt and Autumn Dougherty all had a shot on goal
- Jenna Beck and Dana Gordon each registered a pair of shots on goal and scored for the Sea Gulls. Lydia Narum and Carly Glassford each netted a goal.
- Emma Hill saved both shots that came her way for Salisbury.
- Audra Haines stopped six saves for the Seahawks.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Both Beck and Gordon scored their third goal of the season while Narum scored her fourth.
- Hill tallied her fifth shutout of the season.