YORK, Pa.- The Salisbury University men's soccer team traveled to York for a midweek Capital Athletic Conference (CAC) match against the Spartans. In an evenly matched game, the Spartans were able to down the Sea Gulls, 2-1.
- Final: York (Pa.) 1, Salisbury 0
- Records: Salisbury (6-5-1, 1-3 CAC) | York (Pa.) (6-4-2, 2-2 CAC)
- Location: Graham Field- York, Pa.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The first half consisted of even, back-and-forth action between the Spartans and Sea Gulls. Each team recorded five shots.
- York had a great scoring chance in the 37th minute when Tony Mosqueira had a one-on-one opportunity, but the shot missed wide, leaving the game scoreless.
- In the 63rd minute the Spartans earned a corner kick. Danny Morgan inserted the ball into the middle of the box to find McCain Smith, who only needed one touch to sneak it past Ashton Carey to give York the one-goal lead.
- Travis Gould had a breakaway in the 66th minute, but his shot was denied by Carey to keep the game within one.
- In the final seconds, the Sea Gulls had a barrage of shots, including one by Trent Hofmeister in the final five seconds but his shot couldn't find the mark.
- Salisbury had the shot advantage over York, 11-9.
- The Sea Gulls also led in corner kicks, 8-5 over the Spartans.
- Ashton Carey recorded two saves in goal for the Sea Gulls.
- Alex Eiben led Salisbury with three shots, two of which on goal.
- Salisbury returns home on Saturday, Oct. 12 when they host No. 21 Christopher Newport in CAC action.
- Kickoff is set for 2 p.m. at SU Soccer Complex.
- Live stats and video will be provided.