SALISBURY, Md. -- This month, the Salisbury University Athletic Training Club will again be holding its holiday canned food drive at all home athletics events.
The event benefits the Joseph House as collection bins will be set up at all home athletic events until November 22. See the list below for all scheduled home atheltic events during this time.
Donated items must be non-perishable goods, with the most common needs being canned vegetables, rice, pasta, cake mixes, breakfast cereal, canned tuna and chicken, canned or packages soups, instant mashed potatoes, Jell-O, instant coffee, cocoa, and peanut butter.
Gift cards to Wal-Mart, Acme, and Food Lion supermarkets are also helpful, as well as monetary donations. Please see an athletic training representative at games to donate these items.
Since 1978, the Joseph House has been in Salisbury, Maryland, attending to the needs of the less fortunate on the lower Delmarva Peninsula. Volunteers and free-will donations are the vital and indispensable components of this care.
For more information on the canned food drive, contact Johnny Sforza at email@example.com.
Home games during the canned food drive:
- (Nov. 2) Field hockey CAC Semifinals vs. York, 6 p.m.
- (Nov. 3) Volleyball CAC Semifinals vs. Christopher Newport, 7 p.m.
- (Nov. 5) Football vs. Wesley, 12 p.m.
- (Nov. 5) Swimming vs. Frostburg St., 1 p.m.
- (Nov. 9) Swimming vs. Washington, 5:30 p.m.
- (Nov. 12) Swimming vs. Penn St.-Altoona, 1 p.m.
- (Nov. 15) Women's basketball vs. Virginia Wesleyan, 5:30 p.m.
- (Nov. 15) Men's basketball vs. Goucher, 7:30 p.m.
- (Nov. 18) Men's basketball Optimist Tournament, 5:30 and 7:30 p.m.
- (Nov. 19) Swimming vs. Barton, 1 p.m.
- (Nov. 19) Men's basketball Optimist Tournament, 2 and 4 p.m.
- (Nov. 22) Women's basketball vs. Stevenson, 7 p.m.